RISK CONTROL ACADEMY
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY CONSULT
PROFESSIONAL SECURITY SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (PSSC)
The PSSC is a unique and flexible program which is the result of collaboration between Risk Control Academy (RCA) and Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH) to advance professionalism and appropriate qualifications in the security industry. The program leads to certification as a Professional Security Supervisor.
Whether your dream is to attain promotion to senior management, get a great job, or oil your supervisory skill, the Professional Security Supervisor Certification Program will help you turn your plans into reality.
Nature and Scope of the Program
The Professional Security Supervisor Certification is the outcome of extensive research involving consultation with employers and subject matter experts, who evaluated the skills which security supervisors need in today’s world in order to effectively provide mid-level supervision of a security workforce. The results indicate that individuals with knowledge of security operations, effective office skills and leadership potentials can supervise the implementation of protective measures in a facility or organization.
Against this background, Risk Control Academy and YABATECH designed this program to provide the core skills needed by security supervisors to effectively supervise the security function in an organization or company.
The Program which is structured into 6 Modules afford learners to move at their own pace. For every Module completed, students receive certificate of completion and will obtain the associated number of credits for that module which will move them closer to Certification as a Professional Security Supervisor. All modules must be completed successfully before a candidate can qualify to write the certification exam.
The 6 Modules are
On successful completion of the program, studentsshould be able to;
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of understanding of what security is and the various risks facing an organization.
- Develop and apply thesupervisory skills needed to supervise the implementation of organizational security procedures.
- Be able to respond competently to an emergency
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of Physical Security and physical security measures.
- Be able to apply effective office skills necessary in the workplace.
Course Benefits :
- The program is designed to give you the skills you need to function and excel in a security management position.
- The program is self-paced giving you the opportunity to acquire the credits you need at a pace that suits you.
- Learners have the opportunity to gain a recognized professional qualification because Risk Control Academy and Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH) are both government accredited awarding institutions in Nigeria. Both are listed by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- The certificate that will be issued will be co-branded by Risk Control Academy and YABATECH and holders of the PSMC will have enhanced career path, including transition into a higher-level degree in Security Management.
The Entry Requirement into the Professional Security Supervisor Certification include any of the following:
- Candidates who have successfully completed Senior Secondary School Certificate and can demonstrate an ability to read, write, and speak English. Additionally, an aptitude test may be administered on candidate.
- Unemployed and/or under employed graduates of tertiary institutions seeking employable skills in the security industry.
- Experienced security officers who desire promotion with relevant additional skills in security.
PROFESSIONAL SECURITY SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATION
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
Risk Control and Yabatech will announce the programs schedule to students; Students can access the programs application form through the following links: