Physical security is a daily activity that is an important aspect of security operations, the need to protect assets from risk and threats cannot be underestimated. The program offers students with extensive knowledge on physical security and its principles. Students will also gain adequate skills on access control techniques methods and how they inter – operate with physical security systems. Students will come away with good understanding of various types of security measures and their applications in variable situations.
- Demonstrate understanding of physical and access control procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the types and principles of access control
- Apply the use of ingress and egress control procedures within the security officer role
- Implement effective physical security measures
- Supervise and operate Electronic Security Systems