This course module is hands on practical and field simulation of access control, CCTV, alarm and intercom cabling and installation. Students will also learn about the many tools, basic items and techniques for low voltage installations that can make their job easier on the field and guaranty a ‘’fit and forget’’ installation.
Apart from the technical aspect, the course Module also focuses on the Safety protocols and how accidents are avoided in the workplace. The course gives students practical instruction on requirements governing wiring methods and boxes, running the wire, specifications and limitations of equipment, and wiring for low voltage while addressing the potential threats they can face on a typical job site and how they can be dealt with.
- Gain and apply the general requirements, limitations, and specifications for installing electrical wiring in compliance with international best practice (specify standard being used).
- Learn different electronic security cable types, use cases and principles.
- Learn methods on how to protect conductors, raceways, and cables from physical damage.
- Show an understanding of protocols and procedures, including legal guidelines for the workplace.
- Understand how to avoid electrical injuries on the job.
- Develop skills in handling certain injuries in the workplace.
- Gain an understanding of basic tools required for low-voltage systems
- Learn about specialty tools required for specialized applications
- Acquire knowledge of power tools for the low voltage installer.
- Learn how to use common testers available in the market
- Simplify installations using fishing wires and tools