Access Control is one of the fastest-growing sectors of the electronic security industry. This course is designed to teach students all areas of Access Control systems from stand-alone to multi-sited network-based systems. Both from the user and installer perspective. Students will understand the theoretical and practical, students will acquire the skills to design, install, operate, repair, maintain and commission fully networked access control systems that are effective as solutions to today’s security challenges. This course is also ideal for former public security officers who are transitioning to the private security industry.
- Be familiar with principles and various elements of access control (life safety, doors & locks, credentials & readers, networking, controllers)
- Be familiar with Codes, Standards, and Impact on Access Control
- Be familiar with Disability Laws and Access Control
- Learn the methods and types of cables in various environments
- Demonstrate understanding of assessing risks
- Plan and design standard access control system