This course is currently closed
This module exposes students to knowledge of fire alarms system management. In this module hands-on practical on fire alarm installation with be carried out and students will learn the types of alarm systems, inspection and service testing of alarm systems and the use of fire suppression equipment.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the various components of alarm systems
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of types of alarm-signaling systems.
- Identify different types of automatic alarm-initiating devices.
- Show an understanding of manual alarm-initiating devices.
- Competently carry out the installation of alarm systems
- Demonstrate an understanding of service testing and inspection methods for fire detection and alarm systems.
- Build capacity to understand and apply different methods to evaluate fire detection and suppression system equipment for life safety, property conservation, and hazards.
- Skillfully apply inspection and testing methods for fire detection and suppression system equipment.