The video surveillance course is designed to enable learners understand the fundamentals needed to operate, install and manage video/digital surveillance technology within legal parameters. Participants will be guided through various topics concerning CCTV system design and engineering including the functional requirements of video surveillance or CCTV systems.
At the end of this course, participants will be equipped to deal with cameras, digital devices and other electronic security technologies in the real world.
- Learn about lighting, lighting options and their importance to proper camera selection and placement
- Learn how to avoid the complications that can arise through camera lighting
- Competently design a video surveillance system
- Understand the practical uses and functionality of auxiliary components of video surveillance systems
- Understand the types and functions of camera lenses
- Learn about the various types of commercially available monitors, resolutions and set up
- Obtain deep knowledge of the accessory components that make up a video surveillance system
- Learn how to maintain systems to meet the needs of law enforcement for evidence retrieval
- Identify situations where special arrangements must be utilised for optimal viewing